Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Quick fix...

I've been itching to 'do' our bedroom for about a year. But (there's always a 'but'), the plaster, electrical, flooring, painting, millwork all seemed too much to fit into our busy family schedule. As a result, I found myself bemoaning as opposed to doing.

The Bedroom (third version, 1889), Van Gogh
This past weekend, I had a bit more time than usual & decided to paint regardless of cracked plaster. There was leftover paint in the basement, so I mixed a little of this & a little of that and began to layer many shades...

Added a mirror that had been languishing, tucked away for too long...


Mounted a couple of shelves that have been hiding in the basement, and bargain burn-out velvet curtains...


Some warmth under foot...


And, finally, a (slightly) refreshed place to read, sleep and be merry...


...for now. 

No comments: