Monday, February 27, 2012

Why is it that we feel compelled to confess our own stupidity?

As I entered the house, I could smell something...
Strong yet familiar...
I cast my gaze around the room...
Then followed the thick fragrance to the basement...
And there I found it...
Like a laundry crime scene...
The extra-large econo-size container, void of it's contents...
Oozing into the crevices and divots of our very old, very porous concrete floor...
Concrete divots looking like alien tide pools...
Lesson learned...
When doing first load in brand spanking new washing machine, do not leave laundry liquids perched on top. That super-high rpm feature that sold you on the machine may cause liquids to migrate.

On the up-side, thanks to the laundry chute acting like a scent diffuser, our home smells like a 'fresh breeze'.

1 comment:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Ha. Was thinking as I read that at least it was a nice smell :)